Full Cellar Farm
Farmworker Job Description
Full Cellar Farm is currently hiring one part-time (24 hours a week) farmworker position for the 2017 season. This is a seasonal position, running from the beginning of April through mid-November. The pay is $12 per hour. Experienced farmworkers are encouraged to apply.
About the Farm
Full Cellar Farm started in 2014, offering bulk preserving and storage crop shares. In 2015, we added our weekly vegetable CSA and sold 50 shares. In 2016 we expanded to 80 shares, and in 2017, we plan to sell 95 shares. Community Supported Agriculture is our passion and provides about 90% of our income. Our CSA focuses on smaller, more manageable share sizes and allows members to choose which vegetables they get in their box each week. We farm on about 1.25 acres at Headwaters Incubator Farm, just east of Gresham. We use sustainable growing methods to improve the health of the soil, water, and ecosystem.
This is a part-time, seasonal position with 8-hour work days on Mondays and Tuesdays, plus one other week day, which will be scheduled according to the farm’s needs and the employee’s availability. The farmworker will participate in most aspects of the farm work, including seeding, transplanting, irrigation, weeding, harvesting, and packing CSA boxes. As this is a small operation with no other employees, the farmworker will frequently be working alongside the owner to complete tasks. Strong work ethic, good physical fitness, attention to detail, and a positive attitude will contribute to a successful farm season.
- At least one season’s worth of experience on a commercial vegetable farm
- Physical fitness and strength, including the ability to lift 60 lbs. frequently throughout the day and engage in repetitive physical tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to get work done as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Good attention to detail, without getting too bogged down
- Ability to make decisions and be self-directed when needed
- Emotional maturity and respect for self and others
- Some familiarity with common farm tools. Experience operating a weedwacker, mower, and rototiller is preferred but not required.
- Reliable transportation to the farm
- Availability for the entire farm season (beginning of April through mid-November)
We support and appreciate diversity in the small farm world, and encourage anyone with the requisite skills and at least some English to apply!
To apply, please fill out our application at http://tinyurl.com/hq37blz and email it, along with your resume and three professional references, to email@example.com
. You can also mail your application materials to:
Full Cellar Farm
c/o Emily Cooper
250 SE Vista Ave #31
Gresham OR 97080
Position is open until filled.